Saturday 22 August 2009

Counting down the days

Really stoked about going this Monday. Posted a thread several days ago to "feel" out the BJJ crowd and was pleasantly surprised about the post turnout. Got my old bag, looking for my old cup - probably have to buy a mouthguard as I didn't have any reason to have one in my escrima days as I used to compete in full armour. I will have to contend to wearing tshirts and board shorts until I could afford a decent gi, although Simon said they stock some nice Faixa Ruas.
Big shout to my wife for managing to swap shifts so I can go for this Monday's class.
'Til then.

1 comments:

slideyfoot said...

Nice to see a blog by a Carlson Gracie guy, as I haven't seen too many Carlson-related blogs from the UK.

I look forward to hearing a first hand account about what the training under Simon Hayes and the others is like: not somewhere I've had the pleasure of training yet.

Good luck, and remember: relax! ;)